Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back on my bandwagon

Since I trust, whole heartedly, the all of two people who read this - I'm gung ho-ing for weight loss again. I stumbled across this girl who lost like 150 lbs and looks amazing. No fad diets or surgery. Gave me a little boost of motivation. I also got on peer trainer but that doesn’t do crap. They really try to get you to join groups to get you for that support/motivation but the few groups i tried to join either had ppl wanting to loose less than 20 lbs (not in the same league) or ppl who didn’t seem active on the site anymore. A lot of good those group would do... regardless I'm jumping back on... So here's what's up. From last March to November I lost 40 lbs. YAY! But since last November I've put all but 10 lbs back on. and really more like all but 8 lbs. I started a Weight Loss Competition at 258 (I think). And got down to 218... but Now I’m right at that 250 brink. I can’t believe I let myself do that. I really need to get started again. But my problem is no one is holding me accountable. I know I need to do this for myself, but it's hard... obviously or I would never have let all that work disappear.

I think I'm going to go the calorie counting route - it makes the most since and a lot of places have it posted on their nutritional info section so I won’t have to be hermit to loose weight. I'm also giving me a dead line. My 25th bday. Almost an entire year! The only problem I have is that I don’t know what weight I can be. For my "height and age" I'm supposed to be anywhere from 114 - 150 lbs - However I set my goal to be 160 lbs. That’s 90 lbs in year. And they are suggesting that I should consume about 1,366 calories a day to reach my goal weight of 160 lbs by July 07, 2011. – Which should be totally doable. It’s like 8 lbs a month – so only like 2 lbs a week. Really? That should be a snap. But I’m not going to get over confident. I gave myself a goal to be under 200 lbs by this past birthday and failed miserably. Instead of beating myself up about it – I’m going to start over and with a fresh conscious and a positive attitude.

Keep me on track friends… I need your support and loving ridicule when I start to slack.
Me as of today, 7/27/10 - This morning exactly 250.0

1 comment:

  1. You can do it.... It is totally hard... and let me just say for myself little goals work the best. Mainly because you are going to have bad weeks and weeks where you gain rather than lose and so forth. Its taken me 4 months to lose 15lbs. And thats because life just gets in the way! I am an emotional eater... thats any emotion happy sad mad etc. So for me learning to find suitable alternatives will help in the long run, only problem is I run to the food faster than I can think it through... So I am going to start a journal I think that will help if I go to write before I eat. :D But it is to each his own:D Good luck love!

    ReplyDelete