Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's raining...

...on my blog and outside and they both make me happy!! I love it when the world is dark and gloomy. Ok, maybe that's too much but I do love the cooler weather we're having as a result of the rain showers. I know it will probably get hot again before it cools off for real but this is a nice reprieve. Ok off that soap box and onto another.

I've pissed and moaned about not feeling all that fantastic before and trying to find something more meaningful to do with my life. We'll I don’t know what that's going to be for a "full time" thing but I've found two organizations that I'm going to start volunteering at. Yesterday was my first day/orientation at Second Chance SPCA - a non-kill shelter in Plano. They are pretty small but really nice and I'm looking forward to working with them. They have a few offsites planned so I hope that I can work that into my schedule.

I also sent over an application to volunteer with Communities in Schools an "in-school" tutoring program. The only issue here is that they generally work with kids for an hour or so during the school day. B/c of my job I can only really help out after 4. There is only one school that has an after school program that might work so we're going to see if/when they need help and if it works out. If not I'll get back on the search for a volunteer tutoring program.

The other thing I'm really excited about and I do mean really excited for is all the 5k fun run/walks going on in the next few months. It's running season and even though I am not in shape at all for even a jog I can speed walk with the best of them and want to do my part in supporting local causes through registration fees to participate in some of the events.

With all these new and exciting things going on I’ve realized I need a new planner. Something a little more appropriate than the Target Dollar Spot purse planner I got last year. It’s been good to me all along, but I think one of the planners with a daily times listed might be better… or at least one that goes weekly so that I can plan it all out and have a better picture of what I’m getting myself into.

But before any of that going into full effect we’re going on vacation!!! I’m so excited. A long weekend vaca and then the rest of the week off work to rest and relax.

2 comments:

  1. Heck yes! SPCA, Running, and Nebraska. All the best things in life. Planner time after work : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love my planner... its a bit more than a dollar but it means it actually gets used! Hugs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete