Sunday, May 1, 2011

May oh My

So it was another month before I got back to blogging. Not too much went on in April. Or at least, nothing that sticks out as extra ordinary. I guess thats why I failed to write anything. So in the last post I said I joined the gym. Well I did, and so far I've gone a few times a week. I havent really lost any weight but I'm feeling a bit better and I'm not as sore the next day as I was when I first started. However, I really want to up the exercise and think that 5ks are the way to do it. I still really want to get to the point that I can run one. I mentioned it last year and didnt really do it. But this year I'm hoping to change that. I signed up for one May 7th and there is another one in August or September in Galveston, running on the beach, that I want to do. So that's just two but I also found a free training group that meets on Mondays and Wednesday not too far from me that I might check out. That way I can get a little training in before I actually do too many 5ks. Maybe the next one I can jog or something...

I did 4 5k's last year that I can remember. The Susan G Komen, Rahr Oktoberfest, Turkey Trot and Believe 2010 in McKinney. This Saturday is a Chuy's 5k... mmmm mexican food... I mean, yay running!!!

Wish me luck. It's been a while. :/

2 comments:

  1. You will be fantastic! Mmmmm Mexican food! and also at the running ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Al! Maybe I'll try to take a picture as I cross the finish line and post that since your post always have cute pics and mine never do! :)

    ReplyDelete