Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chuy's 5k - May 7, 2011

1st things 1st - yesterday after work I treated myself to new shoes (and socks)! And I'm so happy I did. My Puma's from late 2008 were great, but after two years they were past their expiration date. So, with great pleasure I introduce to you my new shoes:






5:30 am - snooze alarm clock
5:45 am - guilt sinks in and I get up

6:00 am - cook breakfast - egg whites and spinach and turkey bacon... and coffee
6:15 am - eat breakfast and get dressed

7:00 am - head out
7:30 am - get there (1 hr before race starts) pick up race packet and get situated - iPod in place, car key tied on shoe, cell phone/stop watch in hand.



While I was waiting (pic 1) I met Chuy the Fish (pic 2)!!


He was really nice but in popular demand so I didnt stick around too much. We bonded though since we were kinda color coordinated! :)


The kiddo's had a fun run and then the 5k'ers had to line up a little ways away out - a short jaunt through the woods behind Costo.


When the timer sounded I had a plan. I was going to do the 3rd week 1 of C25K (60 sec run, 90 sec walk).... and I did, until just after the 1 mile marker when we hit an incline. And then I got tired, and discouraged and off count - so I just power walked. Until about the half way point when I saw some other people doing intervals. I asked if I could join them b/c I really wanted to push myself but no one would know if I didnt. So i joined them... except there intervals were 60 sec of each. I lost 30 walking seconds! But I did it... I came in right at 45 mins. That's not amazing, I know. But for the 1st 5k this year AND the first one I've really exerted myself in not too shabby. I'm happy with it!


Warning - It looks like my entire face was crying. Dont worry. It's just that much sweat. The tissues are b/c I still have crazy allergies and didnt want to be drippy.

1 comment:

  1. Love that brand of shoe! And wahoo girl! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete