Thursday, March 18, 2010

This weekend :)

I'm actually looking forward to this weekend. I'm hoping it will be quiet and productive. I've spent a lot of money recently but it was for a good cause - Amanda's bday (no expense is too much) and St. Pattys (it only come around once a year). However, there are still some things that i want to get. Like summer shoes. I'm real excited about sandals. I love open toed shoes. I think I hear Target calling my name. I already got one... but I figure at $20 a pair, it's really not that bad. Also... some new tops and skirts/dresses. I'm feeling the girly vibe (that is so not like me) but I'm going with it. We'll see just how far I go with it, but I'm gonna start now.

I want to spend every weekend outside... doing something. Even if it's just like outdoor market/mall window shopping. I want to be out, in the sunshine (when it finally gets here for good) and enjoy it. Who's with me? If it sways you, Allie... I might even go to the ZOO!

Outdoor summer events I'm excited for:
Brooks and Dunn Concert
Dave Matthews Concert
Baseball games (at least 2, hopefully 4)
Arboretum (finally - Amanda, ya down?)
Zoo (if Allie so wishes)
Random photo-ops at parks
Festivals:
Lone Star State Park
Fair Park Dog Bowl (not sure what it is exactly but I wanna go for the puppies)
Taste Addison
Lake Grapevine Fireworks (every Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day)
Denton Air Fair Fest (for mom... she loves planes)
USO party for my bday.... oh yes!
Oktoberfest
State Fair
Addison World Fest (kinda weird, so not a have to go)
Addison Bookworm Bash (BOOKS!!!)

*ok, so maybe I went a little crazy... some of those are after "summer" but it's ok. It's still fairly warm here until November-ish. :)

It's a pretty good day and I'm in an optimistic mood. Again, I cant wait for this weekend even though there is no concrete plan. I'm also excited for some "surprise" Amanda and Allie are keeping from me. It's ok... I like surprises.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It made me smile lots! I want to get a new dress to... :D I would really like a summer dress... something fun and flirty! I would LOVE to go to the Zoo with you!!! YES AND YES... you should take a day off work so we can go hopefully when its not as busy as the weekend:D

    ReplyDelete